What would Ben Franklin do?

Greetings, Citizens from G.Robin Smith. I present Chautauqua (1st person presentations) on Benjamin Franklin as fundraisers and educational programs around the Puget Sound (and beyond). This Blog (such an un-musical term) is to try out the medium and to leave (if I stay with it) an account of how the performances go, since they are beginning to take off, it seems. anon, G.Robin.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

see www.Ben-Franklin.org and www.InteractiveHistory.net

Monday, March 06, 2006

$750 donated for Leukemia Research

Sometimes things stare at your face and you don't see them for the longest time. I have been looking for charities to tie the Ben Franklin presentation to (in addition to Schools and the like) and I signed up for the Leukemia Foundation's "Big Climb" (http://www.active.com/donate/bigclimb06/GregRobin) and it finally made sense... "The Squire at War/Holding Yet His Sword" story (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chivalry_is_yet-a-guide/message/183)
This is what it was written for, to drive awareness for the Foundation. This isn't 'Center of my Universe', but it is a gravitational well around which I orbit. People already have donated $750.00 (four $100.00 donors, wow). One person is going to climb with me, even. Humbly, I begin to sense a life purpose here beyond education reform. A defining role that the public can understand better than what I may present in various incarnations else wise.

In other news: I have been asked to be the Keynote Speaker at the Lake Chelan Conference for Social Studies (see http://www.wscss.org/chelan/default.html). I will be speaking, as Ben, Saturday night. It may connect with the educators there as a school presentation, as a Fundraiser and as a Keynote giver for other such conferences. That is my hope.

Also: Working with Jen and Emily at Rhizome (my brochure producers and branding advisers) about the new Ben page. Good thoughts on the development.

More anon, Robin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home