What would Ben Franklin do?

Greetings, Citizens from G.Robin Smith. I present Chautauqua (1st person presentations) on Benjamin Franklin as fundraisers and educational programs around the Puget Sound (and beyond). This Blog (such an un-musical term) is to try out the medium and to leave (if I stay with it) an account of how the performances go, since they are beginning to take off, it seems. anon, G.Robin.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

see www.Ben-Franklin.org and www.InteractiveHistory.net

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Another Opportunity: Tool Show

Today (02/18/06 Saturday), a guy came into the shop (my main sponsor is Hardwick & Sons, Inc. www.eHardwicks.com. I work there and they sponsor the Ben Franklin presentations as well.)
He asked who he would talk to about the store having a booth at an upcoming tool swap at one of the larger woodworking schools in the area (it's associated with Seattle Central Community College.)
I said he was talking to the bloke. I do several trade shows and faires around the area with a Hardwick's Tool display table, and this would be one more. It's in May, on the 20th. I may be out of town, but we will see what we can provide.
Other news: I am preparing for our meeting with Rhizome on Monday, laying out the design (my ideas anyway) of the web pages. I assume that, like a battle, no plan will survive longer than 40 seconds after meeting with the enemy (in this case, my creative partners... who are NOT the enemy... well, you get the idea.)
OT, watched "The Dish", a great movie about Australia's part in bringing the television pictures of the 1st Moon Walk to the world. re: Franklin? Everyone in the world, it seemed, was united in this attempt (not just the TV, but the Moon Walk). How can we do that again? Let the experiment begin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home